Ginger Induces Cell Death in Ovarian Cancer Cells. Ginger 's Health Benefits
__Ginger Induces Cell Death in Ovarian Cancer Cells
__10 Health Benefits of Ginger ..
Medicinal Uses & Benefits:
Ginger may be one of the most important plants used in herbal medicine, it is certainly one of the most used. The cultivation of this plant extends so far back in human history that specific origins are hard to trace, however, ginger is mentioned in the eldest medical texts from both India and China. Ginger is one of the most prescribed herbs in TCM, Sheng-jiang (fresh ginger) is used in the treatment of colds for it's ability to elimintate toxins and raise body heat.
Ginger is also a blood thinner, which may help reduce lowering cholesterol. The increase in blood flow helps relieve abdominal cramps and open the pelvis to bring on menstruation.
Ginger can be used safely to treat such a wide range of health problems, from simple nausea to arthritis. The aspect I most appreciate about ginger is what a good supporting player it is in herbal formulas. Ginger combines well with many herbs, improving taste and potency. Ginger speeds up the delivery of healthy plant chemicals into the bloodstream. Make the firm, smooth skinned roots of fresh ginger root a household staple, and keep plenty of ginger on hand for both herbal medicine and healthy cooking.
Ginger oil has a warm, spicy-woody odor. Warms the body and relaxes tight and sore muscles.
Traditional Chinese Medicine :
The Chinese names for ginger Gan-jiang dried ginger, and Sheg-jiang, fresh ginger, mean to defend, suggesting that ginger helps protect the body from cold. Pulverized fresh ginger applied as a poultice to the head two to three times a day was once used as a (Chinese) folk treatment for baldness, and fresh ginger rubbed on the affected area is a folk remedy for virtiligo. The juice squeezed from the fresh root has also been used in the treatment of burns. In modern China ginger is probably used in half of all Chinese herbal prescriptions. Chinese healers believe than even moderate amounts of ginger tea strengthen the lungs and the kidneys.
Ayurvedic Medicine Ginger is an important part of Ayurvedic medicine and cooking, and may have originated in tropical Indian.
Ginger Side Effects: Ginger is a blood thinner, if you are taking prescription blood thinners, have a bleeding disorder, or have gallbladder disease don't take medicinal doses of ginger. Pregnant women should be cautious in their use of ginger, it can stimulate the uterus.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Ginger
1. Ginger is used in the treatment of ovarian cancer. Ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells to which it was applied.
2. As Ginger contains anti viral, anti toxic, and anti fungal properties, and is used for the prevention of and treatment against the common cold. The intake of ginger helps stimulate the secretion of mucus, quieting your cough and soothing any scratchiness I your throat.
3. The health benefit of ginger is it acts as an antihistamine and aids in the treatment of allergies.
4. Since Ginger contains special enzymes responsible for catalyzing the proteins in your food, it provides the best health benefits helping in digestion and the prevention of cramps.
5. Ginger has proven to help lower your cholesterol levels and prevent the formation of blood clots.
6. Ginger has been used by pregnant women to ward off the morning sickness. Ginger may be effective for nausea and vomiting in pregnant women when used for short periods.
7. Fresh ginger juice if applied to minor burns as well as skin irritations provides immediate relief.
8. Ginger oil is used in spas and saloons for a perceived refreshing effect on one's mind and a potential ability to reduce arthritic pain.
9. Ginger can also be used for reducing toothache.
10. Ginger may be used by children over 2 years of age to treat nausea, stomach cramping, and headaches.
How to Use: Ginger
Preparation Methods & Dosage :The fresh grated ginger root, readily available at most food stores, is a great addition to herbal teas, adding a spicy, hot zest to your favorite dishes. The essential oil is marvelous in massage blends and aroma lamps. Ginger combines well with turmeric, which is also anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving.
Tags: Ginger Induces Cell Death in Ovarian Cancer Cells, Ginger (Drug), Health (Broadcast Genre), Blood, thinner, sore, muscles